Hi there 👋, I’m Harsh Kotak! I am an experienced software engineer currently working at Dun and Bradstreet. I’m also currently pursuing my Master’s degree in Computer Science from Georgia Tech with a specialization in Machine Learning. I love working on new and challenging projects as well as learning new technologies and programming languages.
If you have questions, or just want to chat, you can reach out to me on LinkedIn.
Dun & Bradstreet - Principal Software Engineer [October 2017 - Present]
- Lead team to develop new features and support DNB.com serving over 120 million company records
- Develop AEM OSGi services, components and workflows using JavaEE (Apache Sling/JCR/Felix/OSGi/CRX)
- Engineered nodeJS/React based applications - DNB Marketplace and DNB Customer Portal
- Designed a data service API to improve and replace an existing reporting tool for ROI calculations
- Built highly scalable applications with CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Terraform and Docker resulting into 20% faster build and
deployments and significant cost savings on AWS
- Split traffic and conduct AB Tests using Adobe Target and Sitespect to evaluate engaging user interfaces
- Setup website tagging and integrations using Google Tag Manager and Dynamic Tag Manager
- Support Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics Integrations by setting up custom events to track user behavior
- Monitor application and logs using Splunk and New Relic to ensure 99.999% uptime
- Guide team members in strategy, alignment, analysis, and execution tasks
- Review code and provide necessary feedback to maintain excellent code quality and health of the code base for DNB
Technologies: HTML/CSS, Java (SpringBoot/OSGi/Felix), Maven, Angular 8, React, nodeJS, Python, SQL (RDS), MongoDB,
DynamoDB, CosmosDB, Elasticache (Redis), SQS, SNS, Docker, Jenkins, Terraform, Concourse CI, Selenium, New Relic, Splunk, Oracle
Eloqua, Marketo, Salesforce, AEM, Wordpress, AWS EC2, AWS ECS, AWS Lamda
The J.M. Smucker Company - Applications Developer [November 2016 - October 2017]
- Developed various consumer and pet brand websites involving extensive use of PHP, Bootstrap, jQuery, MySQL, AWS, Jenkins, Drupal & PIMCORE CMS
- Important contributions to critical redesign projects like SahaleSnacks.com, Milkbone.com, Dunkinathome.com, Naturesrecipe.com
- Integrated 3rd party API services such as BazaarVoice & RevTrax
- Supported Automation testing project based on Selenium and PhantomJS
- Analyzed reports and insights from Google Analytics 360
- Supported website tagging projects involving use of Google Tag Manager
- Provide valuable suggestions to content teams to improve SEO performance
- Effective project management timeline using JIRA, TFS, etc and code version control using GIT and SVN
- Familiar with agile methodology and daily scrum meetings and tasks
Weblayers Technologies Private Limited - Co-Founder [January 2011 - August 2016]
- 3 years of E-commerce industry experience as procurement partner.
- Played a key role in generating $400,000 in revenue during Financial Year 15-16.
- Negotiated lucrative partnership agreements with Snapdeal, Flipkart, and Amazon India.
- Coded an ERP web application using Java Servlets and JSP with responsive bootstrap framework and also several other web applications using PHP and HTML/CSS.
- Proficiency in database design concepts along with strong grip over SQL syntax and concepts.
- Built Shopperbay.com currently active with several vendors and 2000+ active products.
- Managed trading operations of goods from China and channeled online sales of procured products.
- Proposed and achieved cost savings by reducing product return rates.
- Managed high volumes of financial activity in a fast-paced, risk based corporate environment.
- Prepared income statements, balance sheets and projected cash flow.